Sunday, January 31, 2010

MOONSCAPES

January is a loooong month! I think I am ready for some SPRING. The problem is there is still quite a bit of winter left. We took a little break yesterday from the cold and went to the RV Show at the Ft Wayne Coliseum. We had a nice time looking at the new offerings and dreaming about our upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon and southern Utah in April. I am ready to leave now but we have a few things to do before we go. I have to get a carrier built for the back of the camper to carry our generator because a lot of the campsites out there have no hookups. I think we will be ok as far as the air conditioner because it probably won't get that hot in April. It may get quite cold at night however and the furnace needs 12 volt to operate the fan. The batteries will last overnight but for extended periods they need to be recharged so we need the generator.

The interesting item above is a wooden(cherry) old style washing machine replica. One of my long time customers made it and gave it to Marcia. He did a really nice job! We are thinking about taking it on our trip to wash our clothes but I am not sure the agitator would work good enough to get the clothes clean. Oh well it was a thought.


We have had a beautiful moon the last couple of nights so I just had to get some pictures. The above is out by the garage shooting between the two walnut trees. I was trying to get the smoke from the furnace, which was rising straigt up just to the right, but it only shows as a little fuzzy area in the picture.

The next two are just a couple of different shots that I thought were interesting. I hope you enjoyed them.

Just a short update. Matt's wife Seri is just completing her degree from Michigan Tech and will be moving to Toronto soon to start a post doc at the University of Toronto. Matt is still in northern Minnesota so it will be a long cold winter for both of them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys, I wanted to thank you for responding to my question about how long you are allowed to camp in the camp grounds out west. We live in Traverse City Michigan and have friends in West Laffayette Indiana. I love your pictures of Bryce and the Grand Canyon. Whats with the snow? I am trying to get away from the snow, hopfully next year we can become snowbirds. Just wanted to say hi. Enjoy. Rodger

    ReplyDelete