The next photos are of some of the monuments that were repaired by Don & Ray last summer. We had a grant from the Steuben County Community Foundation to be used for projects in the cemetery and we decided repairing as many of the stones as possible would be the best use of the funds. We also had a personal donation from the Ketzenbergers who own the adjoining property to do work on these two old monuments way in the back of the Cemetery. They were in a pretty bad way so Don & Ray worked extensively on getting them put back together and stood back up with a better foundation. It is a real improvement to this part of the Cemetery. Dan and Danny Patterson with help from John Wilson and myself spent a good portion of our day cleaning up the area around these monuments. There were several dead elms(but no mushrooms) either down or that I cut down to be removed. There were grape vines running through them so it was a real mess but we got it all cleaned up so I took these pictures to show how nice it looks back there.


I had to include one last picture of guess who. Marcia was just eating her lunch out on the porch so I had to get a picture of her enjoying the beautiful day. I may be posting a little late next week as we are going to Matt's graduation hopefully I will have a picture or two to share. Till then.
No comments:
Post a Comment