Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rehab

Rehabilitation continues as I move from stretching and flexibility exercises to more strengthening exercises. This week saw me start the leg squats although I was lying on my back pushing horizontally not vertically. I also started on a stationary bicycle which is not really strength but is a totally different type of movement with the legs and knees.

The biggest step probably was abandoning the walker in favor of a cane. That gives me a lot more freedom of movement and seems to be working out well. Last night we went to Chris Crowl's graduation party and I was able to get around ok. We got to see several of our cousins from the Fulton side of the family which was nice. They had a very big turnout and looked the party was going to continue long after we departed. Chris seems like a very nice young man with his feet planted pretty firmly on the ground.

When we got home last night I decided to see if I could get up the steps into the camper and it went well. We were able to spend a little time in the camper trying to get the TV to work on the new digital channels. We are only able to get a couple of stations where the camper is setting. It seems like the new digital signals are weaker than the old analog ones. We cannot get as many different channels now as we did before they switched over totally. Then of course while we were there Marcia had to do a little cleaning, big surprise huh?

The next big milestone in the recovery came this morning when I got on the tractor and mowed with the bush hog for a couple of hours. That was nice to be able to get out and get around our property to see how things are coming along. This may not have been a good year for the farmers as far as getting their crops planted but it has been an excellent year for the trees. They have grown unbelieveably already this season and will probably add quite a bit more growth before fall. It is nice to be able to get out among them again. That is about all I have for this edition, sorry about the no pictures thing but I have not been able to get many photos while trying to manuever a walker or cane. Looking forward to a big weekend coming up as all of the kids(and grandkids) will be home for the weekend. That may provide an opportunity for some photos. Till then I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment