Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Madness

I think we have our own version of March madness going on. The temperatures have fallen back into single digits in the mornings and low twenties during the day with strong northeast winds brrrr. This morning we decided to go to Aurburn to Home Depot and also have breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. When we got there they were not real busy yet so Marcia asked if we could get a table close to the fire and they put us right next to it. It was very comfortable and relaxing and made for a nice breakfast with the roaring fire right next to us. The gal taking care of the fire was not afraid to put on plenty of wood so it was toasty.

On our way into town this morning we saw a whole flock of wild turkeys at the rest park on 20. There must have been seventy or eighty turkeys milling around on the ground and a few still up in the trees. They had apparantly roosted there for the night right by the highway. The males were strutting their stuff with their tails all fanned out and their beards hanging from their chins. Marcia was pretty excited that she got to see them that close, well I guess I was too. I just wish I had put my camera in the car but alas I did not have it.

I have added a couple more pictures of the boys from last weekend. Cole stopped just long enough for me to snap his picture. You have to be really fast with the camera with that boy. Quinn is pretty proud of himself for climbing up on his table where he knows he is not supposed to be. Thats about all I have for today, I hope everyone has a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment