Other than that we just worked around here all week. Marcia had several projects she wanted to get done and I think she got most of them accomplished. There was only one photo op for the week and I will put it here to let you know progress is being made but the decision has apparently not been made yet. We had a visitor to the Ozzy motel checking it out but don't know if they will come back for a longer stay or not. The one flying by is a turkey buzzard just checking things out but the one on the platform is definitely an osprey. I could see it pretty well with the binoculars and it was for sure an osprey. It stayed for 15 or 20 minutes before leaving, I just hope it remembers the address.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Retirement & Guests
Well this was a pretty big week for the Powers Family. Marcia was on Spring Break this week and we had big plans. We spent most of the day Monday filling out forms for retirement, talk about draining you. We started with Marcia's pension and pretty well got it completed but she has to take it in to the school for them to complete a portion and to get it notarized. We then moved on to our Social Security applications which we did online. I had both computers up and running with Marcia on one and I was on the other. We thought it would be easier to work through both of our applications together and it did seem to work well. We got both applications completed and submitted and by this time we were getting kind of form fatigued. Then I worked on my teamster pension application also online. I could not submit it online but the form was there and I could work through it typing in the answers and then print it off which was much easier than trying to fill out the form by hand and trying to correct mistakes(of course I did not make any). We got our information back from social security on Wed in the mail, that was fast. We did not even have to go to the SS office and wait in line. I submitted my teamster app on Wed also. So I guess we are ready to become part of the retired bunch.
Other than that we just worked around here all week. Marcia had several projects she wanted to get done and I think she got most of them accomplished. There was only one photo op for the week and I will put it here to let you know progress is being made but the decision has apparently not been made yet. We had a visitor to the Ozzy motel checking it out but don't know if they will come back for a longer stay or not. The one flying by is a turkey buzzard just checking things out but the one on the platform is definitely an osprey. I could see it pretty well with the binoculars and it was for sure an osprey. It stayed for 15 or 20 minutes before leaving, I just hope it remembers the address.
Other than that we just worked around here all week. Marcia had several projects she wanted to get done and I think she got most of them accomplished. There was only one photo op for the week and I will put it here to let you know progress is being made but the decision has apparently not been made yet. We had a visitor to the Ozzy motel checking it out but don't know if they will come back for a longer stay or not. The one flying by is a turkey buzzard just checking things out but the one on the platform is definitely an osprey. I could see it pretty well with the binoculars and it was for sure an osprey. It stayed for 15 or 20 minutes before leaving, I just hope it remembers the address.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment